Protecting your Privacy is a Top Priority
We realize that our ability to offer superior products and services depends on the personal and financial information we collect from you. We value your business and are committed to maintaining your trust. That is why we have made your privacy a top priority.
The Information We Have and Where We Get It
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address and phone number; your social security number; and your assets, income and other household information;
- Information about your other transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your account balances and transactions history; and
- Information from visitors to our websites provided through online forms, site visitorship data and online information-collecting devices known as "cookies".
We do not solicit personal or financial information from minors without written parental consent, nor do we knowingly market products and services to minors.
How We Use This Information
We may share all of the information we collect with the Companies as part of the ordinary course of providing financial products and services to you, for the purpose of offering you new products and services to address your financial needs, for product development purposes and as otherwise required or permitted by law. To assist in our business dealings with you, we may also share this information with companies (other than the Companies) that perform services, including marketing services, on our behalf (such as vendors that package and mail our investor statements and marketing research firms that enhance our ability to market our products and services). We do not share your information with mailing list or direct marketing companies. Thus, the information you provide to us will not result in unwanted solicitations from third-party marketers.
Finally, we may share this information with other entities outside of the Companies for the following purposes, including among others:
- To respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or regulatory inquiry;
- To report suspicious transactions to government agencies and law enforcement officials;
- To protect against fraud;
- To provide products and services with the consent or the direction of a customer; or
- In connection with the proposed or actual sale or merger of all or a portion of a business or operating unit.
Except as described above, and except for information we provide to nonaffiliated third parties as otherwise required or permitted by law, we do not share information about you with nonaffiliated third parties.
Security of Personal Financial Information
We restrict access to information about you to those employees we determine need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
If you provide information to us via our websites in order to view your account activity or conduct transactions, we use 128-bit SSL encryption security with passwords to ensure a safe transmission of data between you and us. Information you provide is stored and transmitted in a secure environment, accessible only by a select group of people who are given a secure passcode to access the information.
We continuously assess new technology for protecting information and upgrade our systems where appropriate.
ALPS Advisors, Inc. Attn: Compliance Department 1290 Broadway, Suite 1100 Denver, CO 80203
We also will comply with more restrictive state laws to the extent they apply.